Documenting surprising sightings, fascinating findings, & exciting encounters, with birds, wildlife, & other nature,
around Hemel Hempstead...

Explore & find out more about wildlife in this West Hertfordshire town. To return to the full homepage just click the banner above...

NEW SOCIAL MEDIA, & BLOG COMING SOON


Regular visitors will have noticed a decrease in posts to the HEMEL NATURE
blog - this is because I have been living & working out of the area, & due to the job my time out
& about with nature in Hemel is limited. I am working on a new blog to come soon & hope that the work that has gone into HEMEL NATURE will prove useful & interesting to those still visiting it.


In the mean time you can follow me at my new accounts on the following social media platforms...

Instagram @DanFWildlife > https://www.Instagram.com/DanFWildlife

Twitter @DanFWildlife > https://Twitter.com/DanFWildlife

Facebook I am still building on but you can still follow me none-the-less
by 'Likeing' the @DanFWildlife Page > https://www.Facebook.com/DanFWildlife

Many thanks for your support,

Dan.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

CANADA GEESE over LEV. GREEN & RAVEN at M25


At dusk 3 CANADA GEESE flew low W over The Old Leather Bottle pub in Leverstock Green.

I was outside Hemel today as I was attending a funeral in High Garrett, Braintree, Essex. The weather was  warm & the day was beautiful which lifted peoples spirits, & a few birds throughout the day helped mine too...

At about 10.00am, whilst on the M25, J23 at South Mimms, & crossing over the A1, a RAVEN flew up from below, above the A1, up to the M25, just beside the car. It made me jump out of my skin, then flew along beside the motorway, flapping almost in slow-mo.
A bit further away, past Potters Bar, a BUZZARD sat on a post near the roadside with its wings hanging down. It appeared to be sunbathing, though as there wasn't a great deal of sun at that time, possibly shielding it's prey.

Once in High Garrett, at the highly manicured crematorium grounds, there were MEADOW PIPITS, LINNETS & a PIED WAGTAIL about.
In the afternoon, down the road at the Hare & Hounds pub, I listened to a CHIFFCHAFF singing in the warming amber sunlight as I ate Walnuts from the tree there.

On the way back along the M11 & M25 there were 2 KESTRELS hunting the verges.
Also a BUZZARD was being mobbed by a Male SPARROWHAWK right above the motorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment for VELORAPTOR which will be viewable on this blog...